Saturday, April 12, 2014

Work Begins

It's arrived and going to be split today! Im heading over to Noble Fabrication where Matt & Andy will cut the 20 footer in half. My friend Dustin Ross, DR Finishes who has done amazing work on some projects for us stopped by as well (photo). He has a ton of great ideas and is always the master of the finish work details.

I haven't found a home for it to be worked on after its cut, so I'm kind of stressing on what to do. It's hard to find cheap commercial yards with power and water hooked up and no one will want us working on this thing in their residential yard. Hoping a couple places open up and come through, real quick! Bringing the whole family over to watch this thing be cut in half, very interesting.

Great news on the barn wood, metal find. I reached out to an ad on craigslist about some old wood beams that were for sale. I guess my name came through from my email and come to find out the person posting was a family friend of about 20 years! I went to Goergy and Karens lot and found some amazing old barn wood, doors, metals etc for these Motts! So stoked, it was a yard full of items they collected from their demolition company over the last 30 years. So much stuff!! I bought an old door from the show Dexter that is going to work out amazing for the bunk bed cushion to rest on. I think it is going to look great if you are working on the desk and above you is this old steel and wood door. Here we go!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment